Our Code of Ethics
Every member of the Professional Hypnotherapists of Australia has agreed to abide by the following code
- Members respect the essential humanity, worth and dignity of all people and promote this value in their work.
- Members recognise and respect diversity among people and oppose discrimination and oppressive behaviour in any form. They promote that no person should be discriminated against on grounds of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, gender expression or sexuality.
- Members respect the privacy of their clients among people and preserve the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of their work.
- Members protect the rights of the client including their right to be fully informed of the member’s hypnosis strategy and the right to object and request modification as well as consent.
- Members take steps to maintain and develop their competence throughout their professional lives.
- Members cannot describe their services as being a cure for the client’s problem but must state in their advertisements, that they can help clients with certain types of problems with which they are qualified to work.
- If any member is aware that another member is treating a client in a manner that unreasonably benefits the member and/or disadvantages the client, then they are obliged to notify the Committee.
- Members take all reasonable steps to avoid harm to their clients as a result of the hypnosis process.
- Members faced with situations which extend beyond the boundaries of their competence should seek supervision and consider referral to other more appropriately qualified Professionals.
The full PHA Code of Ethical Conduct can be downloaded from here.